A lot of dog owners will agree that one of the most daunting tasks is drying your dog. Every dog is different, not just only in coat type, but also in their behavior. Not all dogs like the blow dryer. Actually many dogs are afraid of the noise.
It’s crucial to make sure the dog is as comfortable while grooming. This will prevent any anxiety, stress or harm to him.
Here are the most popular ways to dry a dog after a bath:
If you have a short-haired dog you can let them air dry. What is the problem with this method? Usually air drying is not recommended. It can cause fungus growth in between the paw pads or under the armpit. If a dog with long hair or an undercoat is left to air dry, it may cause matting of the fur and other skin problems like hot spots.
To blow-dry or not to blow-dry, that is the question. The answer is: to blow-dry. Why? Dryers can really speed your pet's drying time, but also:
- The hair will be fluffy and clean. Blow-drying your pet until its coat is all dry will make it look its best.
- Your dog's hair will be cleaner, because wet coat immediately picks up all kinds of dirt if the pet is allowed to run and play while it is still wet.
- Most coats that don't get dried right away will harbor some musty or moldy smells, and that defeats the point of bathing in the first place.
Still, keep in mind that some dogs will never accept the use of a dryer and will put up an incredible fight to avoid it.
The best way to dry your dog is to use a dryer specifically designed for dog drying. 2 IN 1 Dog Brush and Hair Dryer you can easily brush and dry dog at the same time. It has lower noise and temperature - doesn`t scare your dog or make it anxious, doesn`t damage skin or fur. It is small, lightweight, and you can take it wherever you go.
2 IN 1 Dog Brush and Grooming Dryer
A dog bathrobe can not only dry your dog slowly but surely, but can also keep your dog warm to ward off a cold or sickness on especially cold winter nights.
- Your dog will dry off faster in his bathrobe because it’ll absorb the water in his fur the whole time he’s wearing it.
- Putting a bathrobe on your dog after a bath or a walk in the rain will keep him dry and protect your couch, rug, or car from getting wet.
- A bathrobe can also keep your dog warm until he’s dry, especially when bathing him in the winter. This can be very useful for dogs with short fur or hairless dogs who might need more help staying warm.
The bathrobe itself is ridiculously easy to care for. When removed from your dog, hang the damp bathrobe on a hook to dry out. About once a week wash it in the washing machine.
Check our Ultra Absorbent Dog Bathrobe Your dog will actually look forward to his next bath when you use our adorable dog bathrobe
Towel drying is simple and easy. After a bath most dog owners quickly towel down their pet, but you should try to get the fur as dry as possible. Use a towel to gently squeeze the fur and pull out as much water as possible, then repeat until your pet is sufficiently dry. Drying a dog with a thick bath towel is a tried-and-true method for ridding a dog‘s coat of excess moisture. If you're using regular bath towels, you may need to have several on hand, as they will quickly get sodden. A better way to dry your dog is to use a towel specifically designed for dog drying. It is much thinner than a bath towel but can draw a lot more water.
Drying your dog doesn’t have to be complicated. With the methods we mentioned above, your dog will be dry in no time.